Susan G. Komen Central and South Jersey Set to Host Its First Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference
Susan G. Komen Central and South Jersey (Komen CSNJ) will host its first conference dedicated to the needs of the metastatic breast cancer community on Sunday, May 5, 2019, from 9 AM — 3 PM, at The Event Center @iPA in Freehold, NJ.
The 2019 Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference: Education, Empowerment and Support will bring together women and men living with metastatic breast cancer, family members, caregivers, and medical professionals to share relevant information, practical resources and support. All members of the community are welcome to attend this free event.
“We are thrilled to host the organization’s very first Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference,” said Suzanne Corson, executive director of Komen CSNJ. “Our hope is to provide those living with metastatic breast cancer and their families the resources, education and tools they need for their treatment journeys, while enjoying the day with new friends.”
Attendees will learn about emerging research, clinical trials, complementary therapies, optimizing patients’ quality of life and more, while family members enjoy iPlay America’s indoor theme park. Informative presentations from leading experts, fun activities and giveaways are included throughout the day. Breakfast and lunch will be served.
Meet the guest speakers:
- Marissa Fors, Susan G. Komen
- Michele Gannon, Mary’s Place by the Sea
- Dr. Mila Gorsky, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Dr. Nandini Ignatius, Regional Cancer Care Associates
- Dr. Yibin Kang, Princeton University
- Maria McKeon, Mary’s Place by the Sea
- Dr. Coral Omene, RWJBarnabas Health
- Danielle Pantalone, Cullari Communications Global
- Evelyn Robles-Rodriguez, MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
- Melissa Surdez, Johnson & Johnson, Living with Metastatic Breast Cancer
Feedback from a focus group of metastatic breast cancer patients and caregivers helped design this conference. The focus group was hosted by MJH Associates, Inc.